ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
The primary purpose of this position is to prepare and analyze environmental samples for volatile organic analysis using GC/MS and Purge & Trap techniques. Additionally it is to ensure that high quality data is produced in accordance with prescribed methods and standard operating procedures. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Responsible for the entire analytical process, from sample preparation through data analysis using state-of-the-art GC/MS and Purge & Trap analytical equipment.
- The chemist will become familiar with our in-house laboratory information management system.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of defined areas; keep abreast of state-of-the-art techniques.
- Become familiar with all state requirements for analysis and quality control.
- Provide peer review of data generated in the volatile laboratory.
- Participate in SOP development.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Maintain documentation on calibration, inspection, and repair activities.
- Compile LV4 data packages for delivery to clients.
- Exercise laboratory safety practices.
- Strong commitment to quality and integrity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with Agilent GC/MS instrumentation and Chemstation Enviroquant software.
- Experience with Tekmar/Teledyene and EST Analytical Purge & Trap instrumentation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet project deadlines;
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline.
- Minimum five years' experience performing analysis of volatile organics by GC/MS in an environmental laboratory setting.
- The ability to stand for intervals of up to 8 hours while working;
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as needed;
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with co-workers and managers;
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate equipment and handle glassware;
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment;
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone;
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
\"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society\"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster
Associated topics: biochemistry, chemistry, coating, formulation, glass, latex, material, material science, polyurethane, rubber