Support testing in the areas of front/rear impact, interior head impact, head-form impact, Servo and HYGE sled operation, etc. Testing responsibilities include fixture fabrication, mechanical preparation and instrumentation, test execution, data collection and post test removal of test equipment and components. Test Lab instrumentation including application, installation, and calibration and troubleshooting of transducers, accelerometers, load cells, potentiometers and other various types of electrical equipment. High School DiplomaMechanical and electrical knowledge, welding experience (MIG, TIG, Arc), basic machine shop / fabrication experience.Flexibility to rotate to day shifts as needed for an extended period.
- Associate in Automotive Technology or related field of study.
- Experience in an occupant safety testing facility and performance testing on airbag and safety restraint systems.
- Experience with instrumentation used in safety testing, including TCs, Load Cells, Strain Gages, String Pots, Accelerometers, CMM equipment, etc.
- Equipment experience includes operation of: HYGE or Servo sled, Tinius or Instron, airbags and safety restraint systems.
Unusual or Special Physical Requirements of Position (specify and provide % of time required)
- Lifting: Up to 50 lbs, 25%
- Climbing: 25%
- Crawling: NA
- Special clothing/equipment (wearing): Safety glasses, hearing protection on sites, safety shoes, 100%
- Unusual physical requirements: Manual handling of powered material handling vehicle (PMHV), 75%. Sitting (50%), Standing (50%), Bending (25%), Stooping (25%). Job requires manual labor
- High noise level: Audiograms required (TWA over 85 dB)
- Other: NA
Description of Work Environment (specify and provide % of time required)
- Inside? Outside? Combination? Where?: Inside, 100%
- Extreme (hot/cold) temperatures involved: NA
- Hazardous conditions - What are they?: NA
- Travel/transportation requirements: NA
- Other: Must pass PMHV licensing.
Equipment and Machines Involved in Work Tasks (specify and provide % of time required)
- Office equipment/machines electrically/battery operated - which?: Computers, 25%
- Vehicles, forklifts, etc. operated which?: PMMHV, 25%
- Tools used in trade - which ones?: Air driven sockets, basic hand tools, 25%
- Other: NA
Criticality of Attendance (specify and provide % of time required)
- Overtime, regular days, off days: Monday through Friday.
- Shift, 1st, 2nd, 3rd: Afternoon shift 3:00pm to 11:30pm but shift assignment is subject to change, so candidate must be flexible with available work hours. Possibility of moving to a day shift for several months at a time.
- Necessity for regular attendance: Critical, 100%
- Urgency for punctuality: Critical, 100%
- Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday-Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary. Must have flexibility of work afternoons to cover weekend testing requirements.
Other Essential Functions (List other essential functions here.)Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, health performance evaluation, PHMV exam and background check.Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to self or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Dependable personal transportation to work site is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>
Associated topics: cae, catia, mechanic, mechanism, motor, naval, powertrain, proe, rotordynamic, vibration