Microbiology Laboratory Technician
Eurofins is the world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing. It is also number one in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With over $2 billion in annual revenues and 27,000 employees across 250 sites in 39 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories PSS is searching for an In Vitro Biologist in Kalamazoo, MI. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Develop cell-free (e.g. ligand binding assays, biochemical assays) and cell-based in vitro screens for substrate (small molecule and biotherapeutics) evaluation.
- Develop cell-based phenotypic screens utilizing high content assessments is highly desirable.
- Perform immune-based techniques such as flow cytometry, cell sorting, immunohistochemistry, ELISAs, westerns, etc.
- Ability to apply a variety of cellular and molecular techniques to develop cellular models of disease for veterinary species.
- Perform primary cell cultures, co-cultures, and/or 3D-organotypic cultures.
- Collaborate across multiple scientific disciplines.
- Strong computer, scientific, organizational, and documentation skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- At least 5 years of relevant experience developing, optimizing, and executing cell-free and cell-based in vitro screens for evaluation
- Experience with flow cytometry and developing phenotypic screens (co-cultures, 3D organotypic cultures, or high content assessments in cells, etc.) are also desirable
- Experience in the establishment of in vitro models of disease
- Experience in flow cytometry and high content screening.
- Bachelor's degree in molecular or cellular biology, immunology or related field
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Kalamazoo, MI are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com. Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Associated topics: biochemistry, bioinformatic, biomedical, biomedical engineer, bioprocessing, fermentation, genetic, metabolic, neurodegenerative, pain