Requisition ID: 31454
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
Whirlpool is seeking a qualified candidate for the role of Senior Electrical Engineer in Benton Harbor, MI. As Senior Engineer in the Wiring Team within the Product Development Organization, you will be directly engaged with the wiring solutions that are responsible for the success of top products reaching consumers for the years to come. This position has a unique opportunity to work cross-category and learn first-hand what is involved in the design, development, and launch of products used every day to improve people's lives globally.
* Responsible to oversee and support multiple wiring projects (10+) across categories (Refrigeration, Cooking, Laundry and/or Dish), serving as liaison between with global design teams and stakeholders to ensure clear communication and deliver project requirements for cost, quality and velocity.
* Support the development of wiring design and validation by working with teams from Platform, System Integrators, Design Owners. Procurement, Product Approval, Safety and Codes, Labs, Quality, Suppliers and Manufacturing.
* Proactively address issues and address leading indicators to flawlessly deliver on prototype builds, development builds, and production supply.
* Assist lab testing, prototype and manufacturing builds by obtaining test items, installing harnesses, making modifications and noting updates for prints based on build feedback.
* Work with suppliers for design discussions/ reviews at every significant event/ build and provide support for engineering build/ manufacturing build.
* Support development of Zero Base Plan with the key stakeholders, managing the requirements in order to achieve the minimum modules and variances needed to cover all platform architectures.
* Provide inputs to project planning to ensure clear deliverables/requirements, capital, budget, resourcing and timing.
* Support / lead Technical Design Reviews (TDRs) to ensure wiring is delivering per requirements.
* Engage with project status reports (Project or Cost Tracking files). Andon system (Help) used to solve problems proactively, and facilitate 5 why to capture the learnings and improve the process continuously.
* Use proper tools to report problem-solving (A3), Concept selection (Pugh Matrix), Decisions taken (Decision Matrix), 6 Sigma Tools (Thought Map, Product Map, Process Map, etc), Requirements Management as needed.
* Bachelor of Science Degree
* 5+ years of engineering or technical experience managing projects for product development
* BS in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical or Electronic Engineering
* Project Management certification (PMP)
* Master's Degree, Master of Science Degree, or Master of Business Administration Degree
* Ability to support global teams
* Demonstrated success in managing and prioritizing multiple projects with or without direct ownership
* Experience with FMEA (Failure modes and effects analysis), DVP&R (Design Verification Plan and Report)
* Ability to read and apply wiring schematics, wiring diagrams, and harness routing, experience with CREO schematic and parametric cabling
* Hands on experience for wiring with knowledge of wiring, wire types, connectors and connector types
* Black Belt/Green Belt trained or certified / Opex tools knowledge and application
* Ability to travel daily within Benton Harbor/St. Joseph area supporting Whirlpool Tech Centers and travel within North America/Latin America up to ~35% (build support at plants, prototypes, etc)
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Nearest Major Market: Niles
Nearest Secondary Market: South Bend
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Electrical, Social Media, Engineering, Marketing
Associated topics: design, develop, electric, electrical, electrical engineer, electronic, engineer, plc, power, systems