Requisition ID: 31177
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
We currently have an opening for a Product Development Engineer at our Saint Joseph, MI (Edgewater Technology Center) facility. In this role, you will join the Cooking Subsystem Design Teams which are responsible for new product development of freestanding ranges and built-in cooktops globally. You will lead the development of new gas and electric cooktop systems from concept through release into production.
* Translate product level requirements into subsystem/module/component design criteria
* Develop and execute design & verification of Subsystem/Module/Components on schedule and at required cost, quality, and performance levels
* Own engineering release of subsystem design including component and module CAD, Drawings, and BOMs.
* Develop and capture knowledge required to deliver subsystem level excellence through Design Guides, FMEA, DVP&R, A3's, Tolerance Stack Ups, and other documents.
* Manage design tradeoffs between cost, aesthetics, performance, and other design attributes.
* Align current capability of architecture/supplier/manufacturing/customer solutions to meet product attribute targets and identify solutions for projects where current capability does not align to targets.
* Define a work plan and divide tasks/responsibilities between projects taking into account priorities, milestones and results to be achieved.
* Demonstrate project management skills to drive projects through the design, testing, and implementation phase in a timely manner.
* Coordinate prototype build plans to evaluate design concepts through physical lab testing.
* Work with cross-functional team members (Engineering, Manufacturing, Procurement, Marketing, Service, etc.)
* Participate in and lead Technical Design Previews for owned components as needed.
* Prepare engineering change documentation.
* Travel up to 10% within the United States and International travel to the Global Design Centers.
* Bachelor of Science Degree
* 3+ years of product development experience from concept to design release
* Bachelor's' Degree in an Engineering Discipline
* 2 years in a Peer-Peer Relationship role
* Ability to analyze mechanical and electrical systems
* Demonstrated project management and computer skills
* Black Belt/Operational Excellence Six Sigma experience
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit, and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Nearest Major Market: Niles
Nearest Secondary Market: South Bend
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, CAD, Drafting, Electrical, Engineering
Associated topics: bsee, cellular, design, energy, kv, plc, power, rf, transmission, wiring